Wednesday, October 27, 2010

you guys won...

They did it.


They got me to cave in.


I've joined the realm of popular culture for the year 2010 and have decided to start a blog. I'm a blogger. Wwweeeiiirrrddd. Ultimately the decision became easier when considering the thoughts that have crossed my mind in recent times:
 - I just want people to know what I'm thinking without a word exiting my mouth.
 - I hate not keeping in touch with people I love and miss many moons.
 - I should write more. Like once a day.
 - I miss writing.
 -Why did my roomies tell me to start a blog?



So after much consideration and a decision here am I. I beginner blogger. Be kind blogsphere. Don't judge. This isn't a specific blog about any one topic except me. Can ya deal? I hope so, or else scat cat, don't be bored.


 So...on today's agenda. A lovely song that brought me to tears two nights ago. Lyrically I'm sure it's written for those who find themselves love sick. My love sick is not romantic, but spiritual and familial. As the chorus rang through my ears for the zilloneth time Monday (i seriously have been playing it non-stop), I just was blindsided. Struck with the intense longing for someone, but I wasn't sure who. WHO DO I MISS? I ponder what lovin' arms I would give anything to fall into at that instant, and a familiar smiling face surfaced and I heard the words, "Nice seein' you today."
 Rudolph H. Kramer seers many memories with his incredible smile, love, laugh, and voice of encouragement and truth, mine included. He gave nicknames, encouragment, warm hugs, blue-eyed looks, love, and himself. Boy Scouts, Master Gardeners, church boards, volunteer church flower work, gardening, feeding/watching birds, puttering, and enjoying family time were all consumers of his time, and what he will be remembered for. He went by Rudy to most, and grandpa to me.
 The man I remember as grandpa not only hugged me and loved me, but encouraged me each instance he got, sprititually, academically, and lovingly. Towards the end of his fight with terminal cancer that had already turned his pigment yellow and his eyes upward towards heaven, he sat beside me on the couch and told me something so meaningful. He told me of the Duke Edward who abicated his right to the throne so he could marry the woman he loved, an american divorcee. He spoke with admiration for a man who stood up for love even to the point of exile from a throne, lifestyle and famiy. He loved like that. I wanna love like that. So today as I miss following the example of an incredible christian and lovely human being, I'm reminded to stand up for all sorts of love at all costs. Thanks Grandpa, your lessons live on.
"lullaby keeps on playing, and you're thinking it's a dream, cos you miss those lovin' arms..."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC-n3Jk4YYU

No comments:

Post a Comment