Sunday, December 5, 2010

Expiring what inspires

  Inspiration floats to the surface from many depths.
     Something as simple as a beautiful scene of nature to, photographs, to the meaning of scripture.

 
The most important attribute of inspiration is not that it's found, for we know it exists and will be found in a variety of places, but that we release what has inspired us to further action, to the world.



  Wow, how inspiring, now expire! Don't let those new creations in your mind stay ideas, but put them into motion and release their future to others so they might hold you accountable to your dreams.



 This semester of university for me could be illustrated by a passenger riding in a moving vehicle, gazing out the window and watching the lines of the road turn into one blur, making that passenger sometimes sick.



"Did you lose yourself, did you leave yourself behind?"



  Yes. I've existed and survived this semester absolutely, but have I made my life a verb. No. That answer is pestering to me, I hate repeating past mistakes. I found myself in this same situation last fall. I sat by and did my best to not get stuck in the mud instead of taking matters into my own hands.
  Normally I would throw the mud in the air and not try to run through it but try my hardest to enjoy it.



Academics, community relations position, fitness, relationships, and my walk with my God have been mundane and uneventful due to my laziness. I've been inspired for so much more in each of these aspects of my life but like we all do too often I take in the inspiration, let it resonate and then keep it instead of releasing it.



Here is my expiration for accountability:
 *I will sit quietly in the presence of my LORD for 10 minutes each day with no worldly distractions, just me and Him.
 *I will commit to 4 days of taking my lazy behind to the fitness center for at least 45 minutes in attempts to lose what I've unexpectedly gained the last year.
 * I will pursue relationships with the friendships I've been way too lax with.
 * I will actually pursue the dreams I had for this community relations position such as:
        -restored campus taxi bikes
        -a community swing on campus from a beautiful tree
        -initiate a mentoring program with the elementary school across the street
        -community events for olathe and our campus



There they are out in the open. They're apart of me and now exposed, now I have nothing left to do but be an inspiration for others to expire.



go ahead jump in and let not the fear getting splashed by the waves discourage you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment