Friday, December 31, 2010

when the clock ticks midnight

IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE A NEW YEAR!


   Nothing against the year 2011 but I have tendency to revel in the past and memories already made.
This has the opportunity to be not only be a virtue of remembering excellent moments in my life history, but also a vice. You see sometimes I forget that there's still memories to be made in the PRESENT. With overwhelming gratitude I've experienced ample memories of joy, laughter, grace, forgiveness, excitement, and God. For all of these seconds, minutes, and hours I'm beyond thankful to God for letting me live. 
   At times I've found that rehashing the joys can sometimes lead me to feel desperate to recreate those emotions and joys again, which cannot be done. Yes, joy may come again along with the laughter and delightful experiences, but they'll still be different than the ones I desire. That's the glory of living each experience, they're all unique and add their own flavor. I must continually remind myself to not get wrapped up in the past which can create an unfilling present. I want to take each cherished memory and smile for the joy of it, live my life right NOW wtih prioritiy!
   Overall my year of 2010 has been pretty blessed. Certainly routine challenges and trials were sprinkled on numerous days of this year. Nothing torrential enough occurred to prevent blessed memories from topping my end of the year review. 


Let us recount:


January:  My best friend whom I met and spent a summer in Vancouver, Canada with on Youth in Mission graciously flew all the way from Boston to Kansas for a visit! Cherry limeaides, car ride talks, along with Mary's first experience riding the Texas Roadhouse saddle all stand out from this wonderful stay!
February:  A day before Katelyn Ann Spielman turned the big numero 21 on her golden birthday of 2/21 a beautiful baby decided to enter the world and make her an aunt of now a whopping 9 kiddos! Kiera Mackenley made February 20th 2010 another day of remembering God's greatest gift...life. Thank you precious girl for giving your aunt a partner to share birthday festivities with! (even though you made her drive in a snow storm...your adorable smile clears the slate.)
March: Katelyn A. Spielman runs for the position of Associated Student Government's VP of Community Realtions and is elected.
April: Due to the newly elected title I along with the rest of the ASG executive cabinet have the privelage of traveling to Nashville, TN for a collaborative conference with all the Nazarene Unis in the U.S. and one in Canada. This brought lifechanging food experiences at San Antonio Taco, Jackson's (COOKIE DOUGH EGG ROLLS), as well as visiting of Nashville friends and seeing my dear bff again!
May: Completion of 3rd year of university-check. Marry off one of my greatest friends VanWonderful, another check. I didn't actually officiate or anything BUT I did get to be a flower girl of sorts!:)
June: Summer relaxation enjoyed due to the lack of ANY job offers. Troubling, but another trusting experience between the LORD and I.
July: Marry off a forever friend Kayla Marie while coordinating her wedding-check.
August: Completion of one of my all time favorite college courses INTRO TO BIOLOGY through Washburn. I was the biggest nerd in this class and sailed through the content for the weirdest reason...I actually WANTED to learn the material...like I said it was very weird indeed.
September:  I officially began my 1st semester of nursing clinicals in the HOSPITAL. I wore a real nursy nurse uniform, charted, GOT TO GO PAST THE AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY DOORS (a lifelong dream, sorry!), and most importantly be apart of the healing process for image's of God. It's still incredulous to me that I'm allowed to take part in this. My cup runneth over!
October: "Hey what are you doing next Wednesday?" was the line I got to say over the phone to the bestie in Boston as I made a surprise visit! Sacred time was spent with my Mary friend when she took me to play in the Atlantic ocean for the first time and let me pretend I was in an episode of Gilmore Girls as we walked around the very New England town of Quincy. SAWEET! Might I mention that I left with some new great friends!
November: COMPLETION OF 1ST SEMESTER OF CLINICALS!!! PASSED AND ALL PATIENTS SURVIVED!:) Also my first Thanksgiving holiday as a vegetarian. I rocked the sides and enjoyed the familia time like always.
DECEMBER: I experienced a very real Christmas for the 1st time in a long time. Greatest gift of the whole year.


So there it is, my year end review. As always this is more of a list for me that I may share with the grandkids one day. "Now back in 2010 your dear ole Granny..."
  Memories shared-check
 Anticipation for the possiblities of 2011-check.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what 2011 holds for Katelyn from Kansas and Mary from Maine! <3

    ReplyDelete