Monday, January 3, 2011

see how they shine for you...

Pitch black blanket covers the sky while tiny pokes of brilliant beams of light shine through. Stars are undeniably beautiful! I can't get over the difference stars make in the night sky. While at school in the big city I might gaze upward as much as I desire, but to see this scene would be unlikely.

Every time I return to the hometown the night sky is a blatant contrast to that I become accustomed to in O-Town.
   STARS FILL UP THE SKY! It's so refreshing and gorgeous to be able to see SO many stars at night. It's like one of the angels was flying too fast and knocked over God's glitter, sprinkling it all over the universe. As cute as that story would be to tell I honestly can't believe that's what happened. God made these stars for me, and for you too for that matter, but mainly for me.:) Stars to me reflect the wonder and awe that ARE God. Creator of this vast universe, putting everything in its rightful place and designing it with such creativity.
   Two nights ago as we returned home at nightfall I went out back to give Hank the Cowdog fresh water and more food. All finished and walking back to the house I happened to look up at the sky in the process. Cut to Katelyn now spinning around in the backyard with head tilted back saying "it's so pretty!"
I had to star gaze! The fact that it was January and the temperatures were frigid could not stop me! I lay on the hood of my car for 15-20 minutes in utter amazement and determination to learn more about being a REAL star gazer.     
   So...I've concluded in addition to learning the constellations I need to somehow own a telescope. My ideas of how to own a telescope are either snag a cute boy who will build me one...(A Walk to Remember) or save my pennies and purchase one.....
The first...
is unfortunately highly unobtainable at the moment...dang you Shane West...why can't you live near me!
 So it looks like I'll have to do it the good ole fashion way...piggy bank get ready..

2 comments: