Tuesday, April 5, 2011

i wear my sunglasses at night

i had an epiphany yesterday while painting.
i.like.to.get.messy.


not sticky, nasty substance messy or like unbathed messy, but messy as in splash in puddles, play in the mud, paint on my clothes and limbs messy. i discovered this thought floating in my head after i consistently kept wiping the paint brush on my forearm without blinking. i also didn't hesitate to just use my fingers to highlight the canvas.


i like this discovery about myself. i've always hoped that when i was a mom i would be o.k. with letting my kids get dirty, and messy once in a while. make huge art project messes, play in the rain, and mud. no problemo.

random memory i must remember from yesterday: while studying at the roasterie last night with the sister, an older gent walks in at 9ish wearing sunglasses. i immediately give beaky "a look" and she instantly starts smiling and whispers, "what?" i barely whisper while holding back laughter, "i wear my sunglasses at night."

she knew what to do, and turned her head to discover the funny. best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment