Tuesday, May 31, 2011

falling off the blog...and the art of returning!

after an anxiously awaiting friend's patient wait for my return, i've finally returned.

 i will begin with part 2 of that friday that seemed forever and a day ago..

Oakley Cian my Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sat in a US BANK parking lot overnight with her fate looking grim. my dear friendsie Annabel rushed to the rescue to pick Rebecca and I up after this whole ordeal and we rushed a late employee named Rebecca to her work place. later that night we returned to the US BANK parking lot after I googled possible problems and solutions for the old beast of a car. i then called my trusty mechanic (my friend's hubster) for wisdom. he told me not to believe everything on google, because that was not what the problem sounded to be. we ended our convo and i inspected one more time under the hood for any clues, at which point i smelled the distinct and nasty fumes. i called my Pa. he then told me to call the mechanic (a.k.a. the panty phantom...as i call him for kicks and giggles) to see what to do. " I DON'T CARE WHAT CABLE, BUT GET YOUR BATTERY DISCONNECTED NOW!"
yes sir.

thankfully the panty phantom was venturing to KC in the a.m. anyways and offered to hook up a new battery if i provided the battery. needless to say the next morning the car doc fixed Oakley and told me the battery was on the last straw, and the accident only bumped it enough to make it an official dunnzo. miraculously no other damage was done!!! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!!:)

THAT'S NOT THE END!!!!
  that same FRIDAY night after getting the battery disconnected Anna, her sister Alison and my sister Rebecca and I all went out on the town for some fun! after eating some delicious yum yums at my favorite spot THE FOUNDRY we went to see BRIDESMAIDS! if you haven't seen this movie yet, DO IT. i found it to be laugh out loud hilarious, and that was my 2nd time to see it!
 the funny part of the night...
was when i pulled a classic Katelyn move after the movie.
we were exiting the theatres on an escalator, when i unintentionally stepped onto the step right behind an unknown guy, forcing me to awkwardly brush up against him on accident... which made me realize how creepily close i was as i backed up onto the step behind me while apologizing. he reassured me it was fine, BUT as soon as i got on the step behind me, it just hit me how creepy that must have looked and i did one of those unavoidable HU HU HUHH laughs really loud.

e.m.b.a.r.a.s.s.i.n.g.

he turned around and i said, "so sorry again, i just realized how creepy that must have been!"
to which he so kindly kept repeating, "no, no it's fine, you're totally fine, you couldn't help it!"

it's true....i just cannot help my creepiness world.




1 comment:

  1. you cant help it?! ha what kind of comment is that?!?!
    this guys sounds CREEPY himself!
    thank you for FINALLY posting.
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete