Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the tale of the starbuck's napkin...

    Right now this post is coming to you live from Oakley Cian my grand boat of a Oldsmobile Cutless. You brought Millicent the Mac with you in the car to blog?? Actually no. I'm documenting this on a wonderful non-bleached Starby's napkin.
the novel on the nappy


 Rather than pretend to be a normal, non-awkward personality and stay at my apartment with the latino lover boy of a handyman Manny and his adorable Papa, I departed an hour early for work....it's less than 2 miles away, yes. Average length of this commute is less than 10 minutes, so this was most definitely superfluous. 
 Why in the name of all that's good that I had a awkward attack might be due to the surprise arrival of the handymen or their charming looks or perhaps the mere fact that the door was answered by a dweeb who was wearing her scrub pants and only a spaghetti strap under tank. I felt bare, exposed and cold quite frankly BUT my idiot self failed to realize the necessity of my scrub top before welcoming the boys. 
 To say I was completely unnatural acting in my own apartment would be an understatement. Suddenly I lost all recognition of how to act or what I should be doing. "Should I sit in the chair in the dining room or just go to my room? Do I finish my Mac 'N Cheese or get on my computer? Should I offer to help?" Seriously I should get a grip. Obviously it would have been amusing to be the fly on the wall of apartment 1S today!


P.S.~ the new artist and song for today is from Juliette Greco!

No comments:

Post a Comment